Calcium nitrate fertilizer is a water-soluble chemical solution that provides plants with supplemental calcium and nitrogen. These elements are the physiological building blocks for strong, disease-resistant plants.
Calcium nitrate is 100 % water soluble complex fertiliser consisting of 15.5 % nitrogen (N) in readily available form and 18.5 % calcium (Ca). Calcium is one of the secondary nutrients important for crop production and has role in improving colour, lustre and quality of fruits; soil structure and water infiltration in soil and protection against pests and diseases.
- Calcium is an important secondary nutrient for the growth of plants. Calcium Nitrate is an excellent source of calcium for crops.
- In case of Calcium deficiency, and in acidic soils. It has a significant effect on crop growth, production as well as on quality.
- It enhances the quality and prolonged shelf life of the produce in most of the crops.
- It helps in the formation of new branches in plants, flowering, and fruit development, and helps to prevent fruit drop
Crops suitable for use
- For Fertigation: Grapes, Pomegranate, Banana, Cotton, Tomato, Onion, Sugarcane, Ginger, Turmeric, Watermelon, Floriculture and Protected Cultivation
- For Foliar application: All crops
Calcium Nitrate can be used as a foliar spray, soil application, or drip.
- Soil application- It can be used in the range of 20 to 50 kg per acre as a basal application at sowing or at first irrigation. It can also be used at the time of growth and flowering as per the production capacity of the crop.
- Spray- Calcium Nitrate can be sprayed in crops from pre-flowering to fruits formation. For spraying in a standing crop, use 5-10 grams of Calcium Nitrate per liter of water. It can be sprayed 2 or 3 times as per requirement at 10-15 days interval.